Emergency/Snow Day Information
NEVADA CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL CLOSURE PLAN FOR SNOW CONDITIONS OR POWER OUTAGE ON SNOW DAYS OR POTENTIAL POWER OUTAGE:
During snow conditions, KNCO (AM 830, FM 94.1) and KVMR (FM 89.5) will announce the procedure
the Nevada City Schools will follow for that specific day beginning at 6:00 a.m. The Nevada City School
District Office will post a recorded message with information regarding the schedules to be followed
beginning at 6:30 a.m. (265-1820, extension 7).
The schools will operate according to one of the following schedules during snowy conditions or a power
EARLY MORNING PLANS
1. REGULAR SCHEDULE: Normal start times and bus routes: Buses may be running late
(please wait up to 30 minutes after regular pickup time).
2. DELAYED SCHEDULE: School starting times & bus routes will be scheduled to start two (2)
Hours later than normal. Schools will start at 10:30 a.m.
This schedule may change depending on weather conditions. KNCO
and KVMR will announce any changes by 8:00 a.m.
3. SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED: Closure may be due to bad weather conditions or power outages. In the event of a power outage some schools may remain open. Appropriate announcements will be made on KNCO and KVMR, the District website, and the NCSD Connect-Ed telephone message system will be implemented.
EARLY DISMISSAL BECAUSE OF WEATHER
Because of the difficulty in contacting parents, early dismissal will take place only in an emergency. In the
case of early dismissal, an announcement of release time will be made on KNCO (AM 830) and KVMR
(FM 89.5) at least 30 minutes prior to dismissal. Every effort will be made to contact parents by phone
using the Connect-Ed telephone system and with personal telephone calls.
• Parents should notify the school of an alternate or emergency shelter in case of early dismissal if
the parent is absent from home.
• Students at the K-4 level will NOT be sent home on the bus unless parent contact can be made.