Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Nevada City School District students and staff safety are our top priority and we continue to follow all Nevada County Public Health Department Guidelines of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19):
CDPH isolation guidelines for the general public apply to students. In most situations, any student who develops new, unexplained symptoms should not return to campus until it is clear that symptoms are mild and improving or are due to a non-infectious cause (e.g., allergies). This includes waiting until 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications. Take home testing kits can be picked up at each school office for students and families.
Important: Students can return to school on day 6 if they have a NEGATIVE TEST on or after day 5 of isolation AND symptoms have improved (residual congestion is OK). They cannot return if they are continuing to test positive, and they must isolate for the full 10 days. It is recommended that they wear a mask for the remaining 5 days of the isolation period if they are able to return early, but it is not required.
Resources are Available for Staff and Families:
- Nevada County COVID Resources List
- Family Resource Center Quick Links
- Information regarding isolation versus quarantine
- Updated Mental Health Resources
- The California Parent and Youth Helpline provides support and resource referrals to parent and youth during the current COVID-19 pandemic, 7-days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Call or text 1-855-4APARENT (855-427-2736) for services in English, Spanish and other languages.
- NCSD has a wonderful list of mental health resources outlined for families and connection resources for staff during this extended school closure. In addition you will find a list of digital learning resources.
- Nevada County Behavioral Health is providing this linked website and this list of resources for adolescents and parents. Friendship Club is also offering participant and family resources.
Additional Information on the Following Websites:
Below is a list of all district communications by school year and date: