Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP)
LCCF and LCAP Information
What is the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF)?
California’s 2013-14 Budget Act included landmark legislation that greatly simplifies the state’s school finance system. The changes introduced by the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) represent a major shift in how California funds Local Educational Agencies (LEAs). For nearly 40 years, California has relied on a system that included general purpose funding (known as revenue limits) and more than 50 tightly defined categorical programs to provide state funding to LEAs. Under LCFF, California funds school districts, charter schools, and county offices of education equally per student with adjustments based on grade levels and demographic characteristics. LCFF replaces complexity in favor of equity, transparency, and performance.
What is the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP)?
The LCAP is an important component of the LCFF. Under the LCFF all LEAs are required to prepare an LCAP, which describes how they intend to meet annual goals for all pupils, with specific activities to address state and local priorities identified pursuant to EC Section 52060(d).
|LCAP PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS 2021-23|
|November 23, 2021|
|January 11, 25, 2021|
|February 1, 8, 22, 2021|
|March 1, 2021|
|April 5, 2021|
already underway for the 2020–21 school year which includes descriptions
of the following:
- Addressing gaps in learning;
- Conducting meaningful stakeholder engagement;
- Maintaining transparency;
- Addressing the needs of unduplicated pupils, students with unique
needs, and students experiencing homelessness.
- The Learning Continuity Plan template memorializes the planning process already
underway for the 2020–21 school year which includes descriptions of the following
- Providing access to necessary devices and connectivity for distance learning;
- Providing resources and supports to address student and staff mental health
and social emotional well-being; and,
- Continuing to provide school meals for students.
Get Connected Local Control Funding Formula and Accountability Plan Information Links