Parent/Guardian Information How to Access Mental Health Services
AB 2022, Pupil Mental Health Services: School Notification
In accordance with AB 2022, the Nevada City School District Special Education Services wants to ensure that parents, guardians, and students are informed about resources available for anyone who believes they are in a mental health crisis. We also encourage parents/guardians and students to talk with any adult in the school district if they are concerned about other students and possible mental health needs. Take all threats of suicide seriously.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988 or 800-273-8255 (TALK)
- Crisis Text Line: Text TALK to 74171
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) 800-950-NAMI
- Call 911
- Nevada County Children’s Mental Health Department – (530) 470-2736
- Nevada County Adult Mental Health Services – (530) 265-1437
- Nevada County Chapter of the National Alliance of Mental Health (NAMI) (530) 648-0178
- Nevada City School District Suicide Prevention Website
- https://divorce-education.com/ca/nevada/ - court approved parenting class for parents going through divorce
- https://puttingkidsfirst.org/parenting-class.html - has a parenting class that you can enroll in at any time
For more information about school-based mental health services and student eligibility please contact Brynn Bourke, Director of Student Services, at 530-478-8109.