ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR NEW STUDENTS
For our NEW families please take a moment to review the
following information before submitting your application:
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN:
Children turning 5 years old between September 2, 2021 - December 2, 2021 are eligible to start Transitional-Kindergarten program in August. Children turning 5 years old between December 2, 2021 - June 30, 2022 will be accepted on a case by case basis in August.
Students that live within the NCSD residence boundary will be accepted to our district.
If you are not sure, please take a moment to check out the NCSD District Boundary Map.
If you do not live within the District boundary you may qualify for California's District of Choice (DOC) program however,
the DOC application period for the 2021-2022 school year is now closed.
The application period for the 2022-2023 school year is now open and closes on December 31, 2021.
For more information please contact the District Office at (530) 265-1827 or send an email to Annette McTighe.
Once you have verified that you reside within the district boundaries you will be required to provide the following documents as proof of residency:
CATEGORY 1 (you need only one of these):
- Current property tax payment receipt imprinted with parent/guardian name and address
- Current rent/lease agreement
- The rent/lease agreement should include, parent/guardian name, indication of the number of children residing there, manager or owner's name and phone number
CATEGORY 2 (you need TWO of the following):
- Current state of federal tax return imprinted with parent/guardian name and address
- Voter registration
- Correspondence from a government agency
- Current payroll stub imprinted with name and address of parent/guardian
- Original utility bill within the last 30 days with the name and address of parent/guardian
If you are currently residing with another family that lives within the NCSD District Boundary and they are able to provide proof of residency on your behalf please print and fill out the Shared Affidavit of Residency.
BIRTH CERTIFICATE & IMMUNIZATIONS
YOUR CHILD WILL BE UNABLE TO ATTEND SCHOOL WITHOUT A BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND IMMUNIZATION RECORDS!
**Students entering 7th grade must have TDAP & Varicella (Chicken Pox)**
For students transferring from other schools, please download the Request for Student Records.
Now that you've collected everything you are ready to submit your application! You will have an opportunity to upload documents during the online registration process or you may submit them to the school office.
Welcome to Nevada City School District!